A car option «Tire Pressure Monitoring System» aims at detecting deviations of the tire pressure and informing the driver of this.
When malfunction occurs in the said system, the message «Service Tire Monitor System» appears. At the same time the sound signal is actuated and the warning light is turned on.
Among the causes of defects are:
- radio interference from high-voltage power lines;
- availability of powerful radio sources nearby;
- failure of the pressure sensor.
The first two reasons are temporary. As soon as the car leaves the danger zone, the message will disappear.
When a pressure sensor error occurs, stick to following actions:
- Inspect the wheels and run a diagnostic of the wheels in the tire shop.
- If defect is found, repair it, if not – read the instruction. It should contain recommendations for the operation of the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. In most cases the problem is solved by resetting the pressure sensor parameters and restarting the onboard computer.
- If there is no operation manual, contact the car service.
IT IS INTERESTING! It is noticed that pressure sensor errors most often occur in cars of brands such as Ford, Mercedes, Lexus and Kia Sportage.